Welcome to the EHEA official website!
The European Higher Education Area (EHEA) was launched along with the Bologna Process' decade anniversary, in March 2010, during the Budapest-Vienna Ministerial Conference.
As the main objective of the Bologna Process since its inception in 1999, the EHEA was meant to ensure more comparable, compatible and coherent systems of higher education in Europe. Between 1999 - 2010, all the efforts of the Bologna Process members were targeted to creating the European Higher Education Area, that became reality with the Budapest-Vienna Declaration of March, 2010. The next decade will be aimed at consolidating the EHEA and thus the current EHEA permanent website will play a key role in this process of intense internal and external communication.
date: 12 November 2015
The Standards and Guidelines for Quality Assurance in the European Higher Education Area (ESG) 2015 were adopted by the Ministers responsible for higher education in the European Higher Education Area in May 2015.read more
date: 12 October 2015
An article of interest from Inside Higher Ed written after the Asia-Europe Meeting (ASEM) Education Process and European Higher Education Area (EHEA) ministerial meetings in April and May 2015:read more
- 17.02.2016 Webinar EQUIP project - ESG 2015 as a tool for change
- 19.02.2016 Working Group 1 - Monitoring (restricted meeting)
- 07.03.2016 - 08.03.2016 BFUG meeting - restricted meeting
- 07.03.2016 EQAR General Assembly 2016
- 09.03.2016 Conference on the Future of Higher Education
- 09.02.2016 Working Group 3 - New Goals (restricted meeting)
- 27.01.2016 Working Group 2 - Implementation (restricted meeting)
- 22.01.2016 Advisory Group 4 - Diploma Supplement revision - restricted meeting
- 19.01.2016 Advisory Group 2 - support for the Belarus roadmap - restricted meeting
- 18.01.2016 BFUG Board meeting - restricted meeting